Mr. Paules' Classroom - $470.00

Mark William Paules is a high school teacher.
That's his day job.
But he is, first and foremost, a patriot.
In a rare attempt to combine these two avocations, he made this appeal
"I need 20 copies of "Silent America" for my classroom. The school is broke, but I think we can raise the money right on a thread if you're willing. How about a pledge week for Mr. Paules' classroom?"

To that end, we have started the MPC ("Mr Paules' Classroom") pledge drive.
Please use the paypal button on the left sidebar to donate. To keep things on the up and up, I will note all donations in comments to this post. If you wish to remain anonymous, please say so in the "description" field of your donation. If you make a donation and don't see it noted in the comments please let me know. daddyquatro_at_gmail_dot com.

Can we do it!
Yes we can!

Comments

daddyquatro said…
First rattle out of the box.
$100 from Otto.
Good on ya, mate.
daddyquatro said…
Now $20 from MWP himself.
daddyquatro said…
And....
Another fifty bucks from Don.
daddyquatro said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
daddyquatro said…
And our good buddy Paul A. is in for a hundred.
daddyquatro said…
I almost missed this one.
Don kicked in another $30 to take the "Grant" away.
"I can't believe I donated a "Grant". I'm from the South dang it!"
daddyquatro said…
Fifty bucks from the Great Hairy Silverback!
Anonymous said…
~Paules says,

My personal thanks to each and every one of you. I posted an hour ago on Bill's latest thread only to come here and find the jar almost full. We need to cut the drive off at $550. I want to take no more than I need. If we take in more, we owe our contributors a refund, or a suitable explanation how the overage will be spent. I appreciate the generosity, but let's not go overboard.

~Paules
daddyquatro said…
Opps!
I included a name when a nic was provided.
$100 from an unrepentant kulak.
Anonymous said…
Mark,

I think you can also use the response to the thread on E3 to teach a lesson as well. When you truly believe in something, you don't mind ponying up some bucks to support it.

Don
Troy Stephens said…
Thanks DQ, but no worries. I'd have made an explicit request to use the pseudonym if I hadn't been feeling like playing it a little fast and loose at that particular moment. Probably for the best, but now and again I yearn to write under my real name...

Per your question over at E!3, setting aside a few extra copies for the school library sounds like a fine plan to me if they'll have them. Else, I'd be happy to see any surplus from my donation go to Spirit of America or Soldiers' Angels.

Thanks everyone for pitching in!

Popular posts from this blog

A quandary