Photo Blogging from Gothenburg Sweden, Day 2

9:00 am CET Sunday morning in Sweden. I'm headed out with the camera to get some pix. To quote from a web site, Gothenburg is: "Splendidly set at the Göta Älv river´s outlet to the Atlantic."


The city shield


Statue of Poseidon at the North end of Kungsportsavenuen (”The Avenue”) boulevard with the Gothenburg Art Museum behind.


The Lorensberg Theater just down the Avenue from the statue.


Apartments along the Avenue


They're everywhere!! Also Subway, BurgerKing and 7/11.


Looking down a side street from the Avenue


Articulated city buses


Articulated electric trolleys

Update: 6 pm. It's drizzling rain. I went out around 4 to walk around and get something to eat (Subway) and I'm glad I'm back in the room now. Having a hard time staying awake (jet lag) but I'm trying to so that I'll hopefully sleep tonight. I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow so I'm with people that I know. I've been in Condition Yellow and Orange every time I've been out today and it's wearing me out.

Comments

Chase said…
Don,
Great pics!
Thanks for sharing!
Wayne said…
I agree. Those are great pics. I really want to be able to do some traveling some time in the (hopefully near) future.
Anonymous said…
I'll try and get more pix tomorrow. There's a balcony on the 12th floor of the Volvo building that has a hell of a view.
Anonymous said…
Well I'll be damned! It's the Mac that's causing the problem with comments 'cause I'm on my work PC and didn't have a problem with the above....

Popular posts from this blog

A quandary