Under Construction

I got the chat room upgrade today. Of course, I can't access the admin site from work so I'll be installing it tonight.
I also checked out domain names should we want to grow this thing off Blogger someday. Thechaselounge(dot)com has been taken but (dot)us is available.

Heh! Spellcheck says thechaselounge should be ThessalonĂ­ki.

-Update
Ok, the advanced module got rid of the ads and gives us some new features. You can now add rooms and move back and forth between room. I have some admin functionality.
We can build a user list, password protect rooms, ban users or URLs.
To get the really cool stuff you have to upgrade to professional.
Chat transcripts, permanent rooms, cross room talk, moderated chat.
We'll see if there's any more participation.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Heh. You could ban Bill for a while, just to see what he said...
MuscleDaddy said…
He'd have to show up in order to find out, wouldn't he?

I suppose it could be a symbolic thing - like 'If a raspberry is sprayed in the forest and there's no one there to receive it, does the foliage still get wet?'
alexa kim said…
I say yes. But as a fish does not know water is wet, and so, the joke would be explained, despite our protests, thus, rendering it all moot.
Yipes, that's damn near trixie.
Please substitute offending phrases as needed.
Anonymous said…
Just droppin' by to say "Hi!" Thanks for the "waterin' hole, D4!!! And soon, it'll be "Good Morning" to you! (3:45 PM local time here, Wed., 12/12/2007... 2:45 AM US EST, same date, there)...
pete in Midland said…
thechaselounge.net is taken ... but since this is a (very) loosely knit organization ... thechaselounge.org would be apropos and it's still open. I'm sure I still have an available free url on one of my accounts if you want me to grab it

Popular posts from this blog

A quandary